Race Season Change and Update, 2014

So, 2014 has been good.  I have done 9 races in 6 months in 4 states with two very big PR's in the 25K and 26.2M.  I have also done well in some of the shorter races including an age group placement.  I have run 25K, 17M, 15K, 5K, 6HR, 8K+, 5K, 26.2M, 5K, all trail races in either IA, MN, NE, or WI.  

Recently I had decided to run the 13.1M at the Three Rivers Trail Run while one of my sons ran the 5K.  But due to various logistical reasons, we have decided to forego this race.  I believe this will benefit me as though I have had some good runs recently, I do not feel fully recovered from TNF ECS WI race weekend in mid-September.

Instead, I will run the RCC Run the Woods trail race with two other family members.  Two of us did this last year and had a blast.  It's a tough late Fall run with a simple but awesome lunch afterwards. (Wonderful beef stew from the Iowa Machine Shed Restaurant!)  For one of them this will be their first race over 5K, just as it was for the other one last year!  This will be race number 10 for me this year, but taken at an easy pace.  

This will also allow me to spend some time out in Pine Ridge, Sac & Fox, and Sand Springs Conservation Areas, figuring out the race courses for the Fall 2015 races others and I will be putting on for Hardin County Conservation.

My goal is still to run 1200 miles for the year, but right now I am a bit behind at 866 when I should be just over 900.  So, we will see.  Hopefully I can at least pass last year's 1106+ which is my biggest year.  I will also be volunteering at The Runner's Flat 50K.

More interviews to come soon too!  Thanks for reading and enjoy!

P.S. Get 20% off with code "wonderful" for The Runner's Tea, but hurry, it's only good today and tomorrow, 10/2-10/3.