Product Review: Buff Minnesota UV Half Buff

At the end of the hike up and down Raspberry Mt, (10,600+ft), outside of Divide, CO w/the MN UV Half Buff.

Disclaimer: I received a Buff UV Half Buff as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

I have had my Buff Minnesota UV Half Buff for about 2 weeks now and I can honestly say that I really like it. Just before getting it, I received my first UV Half Buff as part of the race schwag for the Bangtail Divide 38K outside of Bozeman, MT.  Both of them are great additions as lightweight, one size fits all, multifunctional gear.  Buff notes on their packaging that the Half Buff blocks 95% of UV radiation.  Additionally, the UV Half Buff is odor resistant, wind resistant and dries quickly.  I would agree with those statements.  That's part of what makes them great for early morning hikes/runs.  You can start out with the Half Buff over your ears to keep them warm when it's cooler, but then make it an old fashioned head band to keep the sweat out of our eyes when it warms up, or vice versa.

On top of Grouse Mt, (9800+ft), in Mueller State Park, CO, 

The Half Buff means less material rolled up on your head for those times when it gets really hot during a run in the Summer. While there may not be as many ways to wear it as the Original Buff due to being half the size, the Half Buff is just the right amount of material and since it's so small, it's easy to stash in your pocket so you can take it along almost anywhere.  I suppose it would also make a great on the fly ponytail holder for those that have that much hair, which...I don't...

I mentioned I would also display my small collection of Buffs in this post, so here they are below along with my (second) cup of coffee from this morning!

A Buff Headband, Polar Buff, 2 Original Buffs, and 2 UV Half Buffs along with my (second) morning cup of coffee!
A
s you can see from the picture, a Half Buff is quite literally, 1/2 of the size of the Original Buff. The popularity of Buff and the multifunctional uses of their products, (as well as their various design options), makes them something that people really like and want to get their hands on around the world.  I gave away one of my Original Buffs to a friend when I helped her complete her first ever 5K in New England back in 2012.  When I travelled to Brazil in 2013, I had a couple of women ask me to bring them Buffs from the States after they saw me wearing them during a run.

If you would like to get a Buff UV Half Buff or other gear, head over to buffusa.com and enter BIBRAVE10 to save 10%!!!

(Catch my First Impressions Review of the Buff Minnesota UV Half Buff by going here: First Impressions of the Buff UV Half Buff)