Product Review: First Impressions of the Buff Hunter Orange UV Buff


Ahoy Mateys!  It was a humid run through the foggy soup of NE Iowa yesterday!

Disclaimer: I received a Buff UV Buff as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

A week to ten days ago I received a Buff Hunter Orange UV Buff in the mail to try out and review. The first thing I noticed was the color!  Woah!  That's some bright orange!  Two thoughts then jumped into my head: 1) Those are BibRave colors and will really match our jerseys well! 2) My wife will be thrilled.  Why?  Why would my wife be thrilled at a bright orange Buff?  Answer: Hunting season and/or early morning runs.  It's "Hunter" Orange for a reason...  My wife will be thrilled when I'm out on trails that are also open hunting lands.  She will also be thrilled that I have another bright piece of equipment to wear that will get me noticed as the Fall and Winter mornings arrive with less and less daylight, if any at all, during my runs.

As usual, this full size Buff is great for mopping up sweat as well as keeping the ears warm on a cool day.  It's also got 95% UV protection, so for those runs where there's not a lot of tree cover, (you know, like Iowa, where the other morning I tried to run in the shadows of the corns stalks while traversing several gravel roads), you've got some help in keeping your forehead from getting too burned without having to apply sunscreen, something I do very rarely and reluctantly.  

Another great product from Buff as usual, and I'll let you know more over the next couple of weeks!

Check out their full line up at www.buffusa.com

Hunter Orange and Bright Lime, what a color combo! :)