Product Review: Buff Hunter Orange UV Buff

The Hunter Orange UV Buff is definitely a must for early morning Fall runs, especially on the trails during hunting season.

Disclaimer: I received a Buff UV Buff as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

As I mentioned in my First Impressions review of the Buff Hunter Orange UV Buff, the bright orange color matches well with the BibRave Pro jerseys that we have also.  Meanwhile, my son's cross-country team decided that one of the colors that they would opt for in jerseys this year would also be a bright hunter orange.  As parents we could also order shirts, so now I have lots of color coordination options...kuz, well you know us trail runners, we are the fashionistas of the running world...(the man with the multi-colored beard says tongue in cheek...)

Anyway, as you know, there are several different uses and ways to wear a Buff, many of which are shown on the back of the packaging. This one is also has 95% UV protection and is odor resistant and wind resistant, which I'd have to say I believe.  The Buff doesn't tend to stink even after long runs when it has gotten good and soaked from sweat yet at the same time, when worn on cooler and/or windier days, I can pull it over my ears and know that they will stay warm.  

Fabric is seamless and doesn't fray.  I just realized today, that according to the package I am not suppose to put it in the dryer, I'm not sure if that compromises the fabric or the UV protection or what, but I can tell you with the half dozen Buffs of different types that I have, I've always put them in the dryer and never had a problem.  However, I will probably change that now, because I want to extend their life as long as possible since they are a piece of gear I use almost every run.

Use code bibrave10 until September 30, 2015 to save 10% at www.buffusa.com.  Enjoy!


Headlamp and bright orange jersey and Buff help me be seen on those early morning runs!