Product Review: 2XU Elite MCS Compression Tight (Mens)

The 2XU Elite MCS Compression Tight

Disclaimer: I received a pair of 2XU Elite MCS Compression Tights as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

Eight weeks ago, I received a pair of 2XU Elite MCS Compression Tights (Mens) to test out. Admittedly, there's not always a need to wear tights in mid-September and/or even October in Iowa.  However, these are compression tights, so while I didn't really need them to run in yet at this time of the year, I could use them for recovery, so that's what I did.

The tights are all black except one large gold X on the right quad and some smaller printing on the left outside shin.  (You can also get them it total black.)  The one thing I noticed the first time I put them on, which was both a positive and minus each time I used them, was the amount of compression.  The positive side was that I didn't have some of the struggles I have had with other compression products of getting them on and off.  These tights were not that hard at all to do either, even when I was tired.  I cannot say the same of the compression sleeves and socks I have used from other companies which, if not careful can tear from pulling too hard, or can just about injure you after a run by a muscle seizing up trying to get the thing off your leg!  So, this was a great positive.

The minus however was, that I wouldn't have minded more compression, especially in the upper leg and calves, (which would probably make them tighter thus negating the positive just mentioned). These tights have MCS, (muscle containment stamping), for targeted muscle containment and I do think that they aided well in my recovery, however, I wanted an even tighter compression wrapped around my muscles after many runs, feeling that would have helped even more.
Sporting my 2XU Elite Compression Tights under my Prana Shorts!
There is one small key pocket inside the front of the tights, which personally, I never use those things as a key pressed against my abdomen doesn't seem like it would feel good in running shorts or tights! They are antibacterial and UPF 50+.  They are lightweight and thin enough as to not be too warm and I found them very comfortable to wear alone, under shorts, or even under pants.

The Elite MCS Compression Tights are a great product and I would encourage you to try them out yourself.  Go to 2XU.COM and use code BIBRAVE20 to save 20% on these tights or another product.  Enjoy!