Product Review: Body Glide "The Original Anti Chafe Balm"

Body Glide, "The Original Anti Chafe Balm"

Disclaimer: I received a Body Glide 1.5 oz Anti Chafe Balm Stick as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

I can't remember when I started using Body Glide Anti Chafe Balm.  It's been at least a few years now probably.  As you can tell from the pics, there is some different packaging now.  The one on the left, the grey one, is an older stick and the blue one is the one I got for this product test.  I don't use it on every run, because you don't need to use it on every run I believe, unless you have major chafing issues.  I primarily use it when I 1) am going on a long run; 2) am running and expect lots of hot humid sweating; 3) am running and expect lots of sweating and cold wind.  These conditions seem to be the ones that can cause me major chafing issues.


Looks and works just like deodorant in many ways.
Body Glide works very similar to the way a deodorant stick does.  You apply it where you have chafing concerns on your body.  It covers the skin with a light application that you barely feel.  It has very little, if any, scent, which is good, especially if going out into bug infested trails.  One key difference with Body Glide over petroleum jelly or similar is Body Glide is mess free, and as the product also says, is "Never wet, Never Greasy."  Body Glide is also "Sweat resistant" and provides "All-day protection."  


Since I only use it on certain runs and/or in particular conditions, a stick of Body Glide lasts me a long, long time!!!

Since it works so well and lasts so long, it is also a relatively inexpensive piece of valuable gear for keeping your body healthy, (aka, not feeling raw and painful after runs in sensitive areas), retailing for around $15.  It works, trust me!