Product Review: Ultima Replenisher Electrolyte Powder

Mixing up some Ultima Replenisher Lemonade to take to work with me!!!
Disclaimer: I received 2 flavors of Ultima Replenisher to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.

So, while I am more than willing to try new things, I don't easily do so with my hydration sources as I like to stick with what works and I am not overly fond of highly flavored products.  When the chance to test out Ultima Replenisher came along, I thought I'd give it a go and see how it worked out. I do need to make one point clear on this test however, I haven't been doing the typical long runs that usually are part of this time of the year as I do not have any Fall marathons or ultras planned because of the recent changes in our family's lives including a cross-country move and career/job changes.


Yup, 30 servings in that small canister, not a lot of extra powder needed to fill it up!

That said, I actually used Ultima Replenisher, in the raspberry and lemonade flavors, primarily as...a replenisher of hydration and electrolytes before and after runs and actually, at work.  In addition, since it has been so hot and humid recently in our area, I also gave some of it to my wife and kids at various times when I could tell they might be a bit dehydrated.  

I received a 30 serving canister of the lemonade flavor and a box of 20 single packet servings in the raspberry flavor. The one thing you notice right away is that the canister and scoop inside are tiny compared to many other sports drinks.  Note in the picture above, that the canister isn't even half as tall as my pint glass standing next to it.  In the pictures below, the scoop's height and circumference are laid next to a penny.  The penny is taller, and the circumference just fits the penny inside the scoop with a bit of extra space on either side.  Definitely a compact product that fits with an environmental lifestyle.



The serving suggestion is one scoop or one packet per 16 oz of water, which makes Ultima Replenisher very convenient for using with most bottled water bottles that people buy in bulk.  I, however, like my hydration a little on the weaker side when it comes to flavor as I believe it settles better on my stomach and is easier to drink should the source get warm in the sun whether during a run, in the car, or at work.  So, I typically poured the Ultima Replenisher into 20-24 oz water bottles.  (I also often froze them, as I like my hydration cold and with the heat/humidity, knew that would be an issue.  The mixture is easy to shake up and freezes well.)

I am happy to say that whether tested at the full strength of 16 oz, 20 oz, or even 24 oz, Ultima Replenisher tasted great in both the lemonade and raspberry flavors.  (I prefer the raspberry, but for someone who doesn't always like lemonade, it was actually very good.)  They also both seemed to work just as well at whichever mixture.  (Note: I did learn this the hard way, (twice): don't drink coffee and Ultima Replenisher around the same time, as the two do not mix well.  That's not their fault, that's operator error on my part.  You've been warned.)

The ingredient list as noted in the picture below is primarily vitamins and minerals.  You are getting 100 mg magnesium, 250 mg potassium, and 55 mg sodium in every serving, with zero calories and zero carbs.  


The vitamins & minerals and ingredients list for the raspberry flavor.

Right now, if you use code "BIBRAVE16", you can save 35% plus free shipping, which really knocks the per serving cost way down!  Head to http://www.ultimareplenisher.com/ and go shopping!


Some Ultima Replenisher fun as I prepped for this blog post, my pint glass had raspberry Ultima in it!