Product Review: Generation UCAN Snack Bars


Generation UCAN Snack Bars are made with a SuperStarch Carbohydrate.


Disclaimer: I received a sample package of UCAN Snack Bars to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 

I enjoyed the Generation UCAN SuperStarch drink mix so much, when the chance came up, (as a BibRave Pro), to try Generation UCAN Snack Bars, I jumped and said, "Pick me!!!"  UCAN sent me 6 bars, 2 each of chocolate and coffee bean, and 1 each of cinnamon swirl and peach passion.  

The Generation UCAN Snack Bars are not made to be a protein bar per se, but a "steady energy bar," according to the company.  The SuperStarch carbohydrate that the company has developed was made to deliver steady energy resources throughout the day.  These bars are smaller than many bars from other companies, and seem to range from about 170-190 calories each.


The Chocolate UCAN Snack Bar, 180 calories.

I remember when the first sports nutrition bars, made by another well known company, first came out in the late 80's/early 90's.  They were like eating (more like tearing and chewing tar) flavored dog food/cardboard.  Things have changed in the last 25+ years.  These bars are great.  They start just a little dry in the first bite, but then start to melt in your mouth.  They are very soft once you start to eat them and very strong flavored.  Some may feel that they are overly strong, but I think that actually that is the olfactory system kicking in along with the taste buds.  I actually found that the strong sense of flavor was quite pleasing on a mid-range run.  Being hungry, the taste/smell sensation worked to please my desire for a good tasting food and left me happy to have eaten the bar.  One note, the coffee bean flavor may throw some people as the taste for many of us is actually more akin to raw cookie dough...which still rocks!!!


Prepping for a trail run with my Generation UCAN Snack Bars.

I liked these bars a lot.  They tasted good, but weren't overly filling.  They weren't hard to chew while moving, and they seemed to do what they promised, keep my energy levels steady.  You can enjoy them now, (Generation UCAN Site), and get 15% off with code BIBRAVE.  Enjoy!


Devouring my last Generation UCAN Bar earlier this week!