Product Review: SPIBelt Performance Series

The Performance Series SPIBelt is lightweight and easy to use.

Disclaimer: I received a Performance Series SPIBelt as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

Who wouldn't like an extra pocket to go running with occasionally?  There are those runs, year round, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring, where sometimes, often due to the shorts, tights, pants, etc. that we are running in, that we think, "Why didn't they include a pocket?" Or..."Why didn't they make the pocket bigger?"  Or..."I don't really want to take a whole pack, I just need a pocket for...my keys, a piece of candy, some TP, etc."  

Enter to the rescue...the SPIBelt Perfomance Series Belt, https://spibelt.com/shop/spibelt/spibelt-performance-series/.  Weather resistant and able to hold some of the larger phones out there, this is that pocket you need when the one included in your kit just isn't big enough or simply doesn't exist. It's very light, and I hardly feel it on at all.  (Maybe I would if I put more stuff in the pocket, including my phone?)  I typically stuff in a couple of Ginger People Gin Gins, a baggie of TP, and my old school (the square chunky one) iPod Nano.  There is a ton of room left over after this and adding a phone would be no problem. Nor would gels be a problem since there are 4 gel loops on the belt.



Getting packed up to go run!

The SPIBelt is made to be worn with the pocket on your front.  But, it can be worn in the back...which is good, for some of us have been wearing gear with the pockets in the back, (think fanny packs) for a very long time, and wearing the pocket in front...seems like a violation of some natural law...so, as a trail runner who often has to learn how to adjust things on the fly, I have with the SPIBelt...I wear the pocket in back...

For those who may be wondering, the belt fits waists from size 29"-52" and has no bounce when running.  It's a basic black, with the zipper being your only color option, (7 choices).  Here it is on me before I went for a 5.5 mile run this morning.





If you are interested in trying one out, you can save 20% right now until 11/18/16 with code: bibchat2016.  Enjoy!