Product Review: BUFF® Merino Wool Rooibos Tea Dye BUFF®

The Merino Wool Rooibos Tea Dye BUFF® is great for late Fall/Winter Running.
Disclaimer:  I received a Merino Wool Rooibos Tea Dye BUFF® as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

Late Fall and Winter running usually have me pulling out different headgear than I tend to use for much of the rest of the year.  While I have one Polar BUFF®, that's obviously not enough for multiple runs during the week.  But, recently, my cold weather arsenal grew with the addition of a merino wool BUFF®.  The name is pretty cool, it's a "tea dye," (since the name is Rooibos Tea), or tie dye, each one unique as they are completely dyed by hand. Awesome!  I noticed today after my run, that the parts of the BUFF® that get sweaty wet appear darker than the rest, just like a tea bag that darkens as water first hits it...awesome!!! (Or maybe gross...depending upon how you look at it I guess...)

It is also ecofriendly, "produced with renewable resources following a respectful animal process" that minimizes the effects upon the ecosystem.  It "is a mulesing free product" and the merino wool originates from Australia.  The merino wool BUFF® offers thermal comfort especially in the 32°F-68°F range, (0°C-20°C).  It of course offers odor control, wind protection, and moisture management.  Check them out at http://buffusa.com/shop-buff/men/multifunctional-headwear/merino-wool-buff/bb1e0a0a0a.  



Getting ready to run with my Rooibos Tea BUFF®


But how does it work and wash?  The same as all of my other BUFF® headgear, simply, efficiently, and excellently...(is that a word?)  You put it on, of course in any number of ways as the back of the packaging displays, wear it, run in it, ski in it, whatever, bring it home, throw it in the wash, (I do tend to do it with my other running gear on "delicate"), then repeat.  BUFF® headgear doesn't fall apart, doesn't go out of style, (I have some originals from years ago), and simply works.  

The merino wool BUFF® is not as warm as the polar BUFF® that I have, but that's actually perfect.  This one is great for those days when the polar would be too much, yet you still need more than the standard, original BUFF® for warmth and ear protection.


The merino wool BUFF® could even be used as a sort of facial wind protection, or for reenacting old western bank robberies.

The BUFF® merino wool rooibos tea dye headgear piece is a welcome addition to my collection.  BUFF® products are one of three pieces of gear and/or nutrition that I typically use on almost every run I do during the year and it's been that way for the last couple of years.  I have never had a problem with any piece of gear that I have from them. Sometimes a simple product well made comes along, and BUFF® headgear is one of them.  As with all the other pieces of their line that I have reviewed, I'd definitely recommend this one to you as you run during these colder months of the year.

Warning: Silly pictures in BUFF® headgear follow...








BB-8 knows a good thing when he sees it, especially when travelling to Hoth.