Product Review: EPSOAK SPORT Pure Unscented Epsom Salts by San Francisco Salt Co.

EPSOAK Epsom Salts feel great in the tub and help you recover for your next run.


Disclaimer: I received a container of EPSOAK SPORT Pure Unscented Epsom Salts by San Francisco Salt Co. to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 

I've been using epsom salts to help my muscles recover from the stress of running for the last several years.  I have always loved a hot bath and epsom salts make it so much more comfortable.  Therefore, I jumped, (figuratively, not literally), at the chance to try EPSOAK Sport Epsom Salts by San Francisco Salt Co.  As they note, in addition to recovery, epsom salts are great for reducing inflammation and detoxifying the body.  I received a large 8.5 lb. canister of unscented epsom salts along with a little bamboo scoop.  The scoop looks so small compared to the size of the container.  On the side of the container it said to use 4 scoops.  Hmm...I wondered if maybe there was a bigger plastic scoop in the tub, but I didn't see one and nothing appeared when I moved the salt around a little.  Therefore, having used epsom salts quite a bit before myself, I decided to use around 16 of the bamboo scoop servings for a bath.  That seemed about right to me.  And today, when the plastic scoop finally appeared halfway into the use of the container, that was about equal!!!  LOL!!!


The small bamboo scoop and the large plastic scoop.  I'd say 4 of the former is equal to roughly 1 of the latter.
EPSOAK says that they use premium quality epsom salts and I will say that I definitely feel the difference in the tub.  They seem to be a little bit more tingly/salty, like you might experience in the difference between taking a freshwater swim and a saltwater swim.  My legs definitely feel more rejuvenated after an EPSOAK tub.


Some of the info. that came along with my test product. 

In addition to the unscented salts, EPSOAK also has a Soothing mixture that includes lavender and an Energizing mixture that includes eucalyptus and peppermint.  The former sounds pretty good when I am thinking about sleep and the latter sounds pretty good when I still have a full day of activity lying ahead of me!!!


8.5 lbs. of salt takes a big canister as you can tell in these pictures.

Epsom Salts are sports therapy and San Francisco Salt Co, has produced a great product in EPSOAK.
If you've never soaked in an epsom salt bath, give it a try, especially after a hard long run or race.  I think you'll find you feel a bit more relaxed and your legs especially will thank you for it.  If you have a chance too, check EPSOAK out online and give them a try!  They are currently running a sale: http://www.sfsalt.com/epsoak-sport.  Enjoy!!!