Product Review: Generation UCAN Protein Drink Mix

Enjoying a Chocolate-Strawberry-Banana UCAN Protein Shake while I write up my review!!!

Disclaimer: I received a sample package of UCAN Protien drink mix to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 

This is my third product test for a Generation UCAN product, and they continue to impress. I received both chocolate and vanilla cream protein mix samples and have thoroughly enjoyed them.  As usual, this UCAN product has their revolutionary SuperStarch carbohydrate that is natural and slow-releasing in order to help keep steady energy levels for the individual consumer.   


A banana-blueberry-vanilla cream-peppermint protein drink! One of many flavors I came up with for this test!

Both flavors are gluten-free with no sugar added.  The vanilla cream tops out at 160 calories and 11 grams of protein, the chocolate is 200 calories and 13 grams of protein.  I found that the thickness/consistency of the shake when blended with fruits/vegetables/etc. mostly has to do with how much water you add.  But, whether it was a thinner more water based drink, or a thicker shake consistency, I found I enjoyed the taste of both flavors even while I mixed them with things as different as peppermint, carrots, spinach, blueberries, strawberries, and bananas.  In addition to the recipes I created, there is a booklet I received of 30 recipes of how to mix up your protein shakes with all types of ingredients whether as a pre- or post activity drink, a drink for during activity, or a healthy snack.  If you aren't competent on how to mix things up, then just use the book, and you'll do great.  If you are an old pro like myself, then have at it...you can't really go wrong as the Generation UCAN products have a great taste and blend well with most fruits and vegetables.


Banana-Blueberry-Spinach-Chocolate.  Sounds weird, but you don't even taste the spinach!

I generally feel pretty solid after a Generation UCAN product and have plenty of stable energy, even after I have exercised and have to work an 8 hour evening retail shift.


Strawberry-Carrot-Spinach-Banana-Vanilla Cream.  It tasted great!

Right now, if you go to their site and use code "BIBRAVE" you can save 15% off all UCAN products!  Enjoy!!!