Product Review: Beachbody Performance Products---Energize, Hydrate, Recover, Recharge

From the Beachbody Performance line, (L to R): Energize, Recharge, Recover, Hydrate.

Disclaimer: I received 4 canisters of Beachbody Performance products to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. 

I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up to test the Beachbody Performance line of products.  I pictured the types of athletes and beautiful people we usually associate with the beach and having perfect bodies and thought...hmm...this should be interesting...as I am not that!!!

I have been pleasantly surprised.  The products taste very good, are easy to mix, seem to settle well, and work.  In addition, there are no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.  The products use plant-based extracts and phytonutrients.  Here's the rundown of players for your team:  Energize or Pre-Workout; Hydrate or During Workout; Recover or Post-Workout; and Nighttime or Recharge.  Let's look at each one of them.

Beachbody Performance Energize (Pre-Workout), Lemon flavored.  The Pre-Workout product is to be drunk within 30 minutes before exercise and is formulated in such a way to help increase performance through increased energy and endurance and a sharpened focus.  Below are the supplement facts if you are interested.  Note: there is caffeine in the product, so be careful how much you are using and determine that amount on the canister based on your weight.  The caffeine comes from the green tea.


The ingredients list for Beachbody Performance Energize (Pre-Workout).

I am drinking a bottle now as I get ready to run in a little bit.  The product is a very crazy neon yellow and very lemony, but not too much so.  I have had no problems with it on the run and it does seem to work fine.  Just got back a bit ago from a solid 6 mile run after being very ill Tuesday, I'd say maybe this stuff works!

Beachbody Performance Hydrate (During Workout) Citrus Flavor.  Obviously this is your go to drink in the group for during exercise.  The recipe calls for 1 scoop per 30 minutes of planned exercise to 8 oz of water.  The citrus flavor once again makes the bottle a neon yellowish color and has a solid taste.  Hydrate is formulated to more easily absorb without being to hard on the gut.  It is designed to help rehydrate you and give back some of the salts and minerals lost due to sweat including calcium, magnesium, and potassium. While I didn't use it on today's run, yesterday, I took a bottle and drank it on my way to work as I recovered from being sick the day before and also knowing that I'd be on my feet past midnight.  It definitely helped and once again the taste is good and I had no stomach issues or digestion problems with it.

Lemon Energize and Citrus Hydrate in preparation for a longer run.

Beachbody Performance Recover (Post-Workout) Chocolate Flavor.  This is like a chocolate protein shake on overdrive!!! Twenty, count them, 20 grams of protein per 1 scoop to 8 oz water.  You have a tough run, mix in 1-2 scoops (or more?), and you are going to get some muscle repair!!! And the taste?  Awesome.  Very easy to mix, especially if you have a water bottle or a blender bottle, of course!  Protein sources are: whey isolate, pea, and micellar casein protein.  Branched chain amino acids include: leucine, isoleucine, and valine in a 2:1:1 ratio.  All of this is to help speed up muscle recovery and combat muscle soreness.  And, it's yummy!  Did I mention that already?



Prepping some Beachbody Performance Chocolate Recover, (Post-Workout).



Beachbody Performance Recharge (Nighttime) Vanilla Flavor.  Very similar to the recovery, only in vanilla!  And once again...yummy!!!  Like a vanilla protein milkshake. Also, 20 grams of protein per scoop per 8 oz water.  The 20 grams are all casein protein that is suppose to help overnight in muscle recovery.  It also contains the branched chain amino acids in an optimal ratio and has cherry extract to help combat delayed onset muscle soreness, (DOMS).  I wasn't sure how this wouLd work before I went to bed, as I have to be careful sometimes what I eat. but it was fine and I had no heartburn from it, which is a major test for me!  Again, the taste was great, no gut problems, awesome taste=win!!!  The supplement facts for this product are below:





















The ingredients list for Beachbody Performance Recharge (Night Time).

Overall, I would have to say, that I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and thoroughly enjoyed the taste of the products from Beachbody Performance.  They are NSF Certified which means that they have been tested by an independent and accredited outside organization for quality.  If you are in the market for any or all of these types of products, give them a try and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. :)



The Beachbody Performance Lemon Energize, (Pre-Workout).



Yummy! The Beachbody Performance Chocolate Post-Workout drink is awesome!!!