Product Review: OOFOS Ooahh Sport Slide Sandal (Black)

My OOFOS Sport Slides have become my go to shoe at home after work and/or running.


Disclaimer: I received a pair of OOFOS Sport Slides to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.

As many of you know, several changes have happened in my life in the last 18 months.  As part of that, my running has decreased, time on my feet due to a different career has increased, and I have been battling a case of Plantar Fasciitis for quite a while now.  Several things help, but it is still an ongoing issue.  Enter recently, the OOFOS Sport Slides.

One of the problems in dealing with PF is that you need time off your feet, especially certain pressure points, to let you foot heal.  That's hard to do when you are working retail and still trying to run enough that you can at least finish a up to a half marathon a few times a year. OOFOS are made to help relieve some of these pressure points.  

OOFOS are active recovery for your feet.  Instead of traditional shoe foams which make you rebound to propel you forward, the foam in OOFOS does the opposite and absorbs 37% of the shock taken with each step in order to give your feet some relief.  Basically, and I would agree with this from my own personal experience, they are allowing your feet to get the relief and recovery they need after hard running workouts, or even a hard day on the job. While the relief starts at the foot, don't forget that that then impacts leg joints, knees, hips, and lower back.  


OOFOS Sandals are so light that they float!


I have never been a big flip-flop sandal person, one reason being that there is simply no arch in many sandals.  OOFOS addresses this with a built up arch.  That helps your foot move more naturally while again taking pressure off the feet, legs, lower back as just noted.

I have been wearing these almost all the time when I have been home lately and can say that I think that they are helping my foot recover.  They are lightweight, moisture resistant---aka---no water/bacteria can get in the closed cell foam, yet also machine washable.  (My feet don't seem to sweat in them either.)

You may be wondering how durable the shoe is?  Typical shoe life is 6 months to 1 year depending upon a few variables of the wearer like amount of wear, body type, foot strike. According to the company, the bottoms will wear out before the foam is condensed.


The OOFOS Sport Slides are biomechanically designed to flex with your feet and the ground.

The OOFOS Ooahh Sports Slides run around $60 on their website, OOFOS.com. That price seems fair for the amount of relief and recovery that they provide.  While they are not the only answer to the issues I am dealing with, they are helping a lot, and compared to a acupuncture, chiropractic, or massage session, seem like a good investment long term.  

Many of us who work on our feet a lot in various service industries will spend big money on quality shoes for use during the work day.  These are your recovery shoes for at home and kicking around after your runs and long work days.  I would encourage you to pick up a pair if you have any issues with your feet, lower back, or knees.  Enjoy!!!


Wore my OOFOS driving home after a 9 mile 1460 foot elevation change trail run just the other day!!!